Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 206


July 25th, 2010

July 25th, 2011

Last night/early this morning... Gus woke up and was screaming. It was probably around 3:30... he finally fell back asleep after 4, but Steve was wide awake (poor guy). I didn't go back to sleep until around 4:30 or so, and thankfully, Gus slept until 8:15 this morning.


I took him downstairs to change him and then we had to leave to head to mass. I tried to put his size 5 shoes on... but they were too SMALL!!! His feet are growing crazy-fast!!! So... I put the size 6 ones on and took a few pictures:
The shoes light up when you walk... it totally tripped him out!

You can see them lit up

Ready to head to mass


We arrived around 8:55 and mass started at 9. Wendy and Ashley arrived just after us, and we sat together. Gus did well today at church, but the priest gave him the "shhhhh" sign (pointer finger up to his lips) and it totally turned me off. I specifically emailed the priest (a different guy) about bringing Gus to mass during the week and he said, "We do not expect toddlers to be quiet... he should come and enjoy the service." Now, it's not like he was screaming (I'd put him in the cry-room if that was the case)... just babbling, but come on.

So we got through the thirty minute service and then headed to the car. While my inlaws were here, Steve took out the carseat and used Chuck Dio (my Edge) to take the carpet from last weekend to the dump. When he put the carseat back in, he put it in the middle... and didn't do a very good job of making sure that it was tight. Needless to say, I asked Wendy to help me move it back to the spot behind my seat, and to tighten it.

While she worked on it... I took pictures of Gus and Ashley in the car:
Climbing up from the back seat
 


Taking off his shoes and then socks

"Here's my shoe mama"

Oooh I want to drive!

"What else is in this bag??"

My water! Thanks mama!

After mass, we headed to the Dollar Tree in Fuquay. I'm not sure why Wendy is so obsessed with the DT, but I'm going to just put it out there... she's obsessed. LOL  Don't get me wrong... the DT is great for certain things, but I have to have a reason to want to go. It makes me laugh when I go with her because she likes to go up every stinkin' aisle... and nothing ever changes. The stuff in aisle four is the same crap that was there last time. :)   She loves me so much...  ;)

After we spent a lot of time in the DT, we headed to Applebee's for lunch. It wasn't quite 11 yet and we were both starving, but didn't want to wait for lunch. So we headed there and they were just opening. I had their Oriental grilled chicken salad... it was sooooo good! Gus and Ashley shared chicken fingers. Gus did pretty well with eating... considering that he's sick, I was happy- he ate almost an entire chicken finger.


Toward the end of lunch he was READY for a nap and started to get cranky. We left and just after leaving, he fell asleep in the car. Wendy texted me that Ashley had also fallen asleep just after we left. :)

We got home and Gus played for a little bit, but was really tired, so we came up here and I put him down. He slept for about 30 minutes and I decided to lay down too. I ended up sleeping for about two hours and he was still asleep when I woke up at 4:15.

When he finally woke up, we went downstairs and Steve came home. We had leftovers for dinner and then watched Toddlers & Tiaras. Have I mentioned the new show that I'm loving? It's called Dance Moms... and it is so good!!! It's like Toddlers & Tiaras meets Real Housewives... it's incredible drama and so entertaining!! :D

After dinner, I gave Gus an Oreo and he LOVED it. Here are some pictures:










Then Steve took this one of Gus with the broom... he said, "This is my son.. Manual. Manual Labor..." lol

Here are pictures from a year ago:

Tummy time


Here are two videos from a year ago:


See you tomorrow!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment