Monday, August 08, 2011

Day 220

August 8th, 2010

August 8th, 2011

I went to bed too late last night and as a result, today was a REALLY long day to get through. Gus woke up and was very tender-hearted. It seems like he was snuggly all day and just wanted to be on me. I'm not going to lie-- I loved every second of it. He's such a sweet boy and I really really love all the time I get to spend with him!

We played this morning and I took some cute pictures of Gus and Elphie:
Dumped all the books out of his tub...

Hugging Elphie (super sweet)

Laying down next to Elphie

Watching the fan

While Gus played I was reading People and US Weekly. Did you know there's a designer named Catherine Walker???

I put Gus down for his morning nap and he fell asleep right away. I worked on some typing for class and then Gus woke up.

We had lunch... here's a picture from lunch:
After lunch we played for a bit and then headed upstairs and I gave Gus a nice long bath. Steve always gives him his bath, and it's usually 15 minutes AT THE MOST. Steve is all about being efficient and using time wisely. Today, Gus soaked and played for at least 30 minutes and he loved it. He was super sleepy when he got out, but it was only 3:30 so we played for a while and then I put him to bed.

I was going to try and work on school stuff while Gus napped, but I was so tired... I decided to take a nap. I ended up waking up to Steve opening the gate at the top of the stairs... it was 5:15.

The rest of the night was uneventful. Steve told me about updates on Amy's funeral and read me some of the FB comments that Paco (his co-worker) wrote. It made me cry. He said that anyone with children should take the time to write each of their kids a letter. His wife wrote their kids letters that while he's not able to share with them now, they'll have it in the future and it'll mean more to them than anything. It made me think about Gus and I am going to write him a letter. Maybe this weekend... maybe tonight. But I am going to do it, so if something should happen to me, Steve can give it to him and he'll always know how much I loved him.

Anyway... I've got my new module to start tonight and it's medical terminology. It said that it's the most difficult and grueling part of the program. YAY! So... maybe I'll wait until tomorrow to really jump into it. I'm waiting for my textbooks to arrive and hopefully they'll help with this section.

I'm off for the night... we have a playdate at Lacey's tomorrow morning. The one lady that called me the Mamaratzi will be there... we'll see how it goes with her.



Post a Comment