Monday, September 05, 2011

Day 248


September 5th, 2010


September 5th, 2011

What a difference a year makes!! A year ago today, my parents were here visiting and we spent the day at the beach. It was the first time that we went to the beach as a family and we had a great time. A hurricane had just come through the Atlantic (didn't come close like Irene did) and the waves were incredible.

I can't complain too much because I did just see my parents and got to spend an amazing week with them. I'm not going to lie though, it just made me want to spend more time with them. Honestly, a week just isn't enough time... but it is better than nothing. I am fortunate enough to be a day away by car and that's closer than my older brother, so I can't complain.

We had a good day today. I don't think I mentioned this before, but Gus is going through a "I prefer daddy" phase right now. It breaks my heart. He only wants Steve. I can be holding him and it's like I'm a complete stranger and he cries until he's in Steve's arms. :(  I'm hoping that the "I prefer mommy" phase returns soon... with Steve traveling this week for work, it'll be terrible to have two long days and nights dealing with a toddler that only wants daddy.

We went grocery shopping today and Gus got to ride in the spaceship cart. He had a blast.



We came home and I organized Gus's closet. Greta gave us a TON of clothes... we now have a ton of 24 month stuff, 2T, 3T, some 4T and even 5T clothes!! I'm so thankful that she gave us all that she did and it's super-duper cute stuff!! There's a lot of Baby Gap and Old Navy stuff in there and even some Carter's and Gymboree stuff.
The closet before

The closet after (Wendy would be so proud of me)

Gus went down for a nap at 5 and I had to wake him at 7:15 for dinner. He had some grub and then watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before bed.
He loves the new chair that Anne and family got him for his birthday!!

Stood there and said, "Daddy" over and over...  :(



I think we're going to be staying home all week so I can get caught up on classwork. I was able to work for about three hours today, but I'm still behind and NEED to get myself caught up. I'll work through Gus's naps tomorrow and then I've got to tutor Gulbike tomorrow night (her mom is bring Ned and Elphie back home when she brings Gulbike for tutoring). Then I'll get to work around 8ish.

Here are more pictures from a year ago:
When he liked me...   :(

He was so little!!

Me and my mama  <3

Such a wee little man!

This is one of my favorites!

See you tomorrow!!

1 comments:

will + adri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

He'll be running back into your arms before you know it! Little boys love their daddies and that is something great! It's hard to believe how small he was just a year ago! Man, these babies grow up fast!

Post a Comment