Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Day 250


September 7th, 2010

September 7th, 2011

Today was (quite possibly) the longest day ever.

Not only was it hard because Steve isn't here, but Gus was just off his rocker today. He about drove me to madness. Seriously.

The day started at 4:30 this morning and Gus was screaming... not just crying and able to soothe himself back to sleep. He was full-out crying and couldn't stop. We changed him... fed him... comforted him... and FINALLY he fell back asleep. Unfortunately for Steve, he had to be up at 5:15 so he wasn't able to get anymore sleep.

Gus slept until 8:45 which was nice. He got up and we headed downstairs and he was able to make it from the top to the bottom of the stairs by himself, without any assistance!! I took a video this afternoon and it's being uploaded to YouTube as I type!!

I'm so proud of him!

We had breakfast and all he wanted as applesauce. No real appetite today. I put him down for a morning nap... and he refused to sleep. It was a LONG morning.




We had lunch and Gus wasn't overly hungry. He had a few bites and then decided to climb OUT of his highchair.




ARE
YOU
KIDDING
ME?????

Grrrr... it was the start of the hellish afternoon. Gus took the chair from the table and used it to STAND on top of the kitchen table. Then he tore everything off the dining room table... played in the dogs' water, grabbed the kitty litter scoop (GROSS)... the broom... you name it, he was into it. And each time I took it from him or make him get down... he screamed and threw a fit.

I know he's just testing boundaries but holy smokes!!

His little kitchen arrived this afternoon and I brought him up with me to put it together. It took two hours... mainly because I had a little helper. I'm quite pleased with how well I did and I think it's adorable. It's the perfect size for Gus!
BEFORE (a HUGE pile of pieces)

AFTER (I did a great job right???)

It's little-- like Gus!



I think that smile means that he likes it!






I attempted another nap this afternoon and he refused. So it's been a rough day from all angles. AND... he refused to eat dinner.


Pictures from a year ago:
Just before my parents left for MI


Over at Katie Bray's for a playdate


Needless to say, we're READY for daddy to come home!!! See you tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment