Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 315


November 11th, 2010

November 11th, 2011

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Gus today!!! So hard to believe that he's a year and a half!! A year ago today Gus weighed 17.5 pounds, was 27.25 inches tall, and his head was 17.25 inches around. During the month of November, Gus was able to roll over both directions and started to crawl at the end of the month. Crazy to think of what he can do a year later!!

This morning I went and got my nails done-- I had the gel removed (partially) and have the shallack on them. It's the same price and lasts a week longer, plus I can do colors and french, where with the gel, I could only do french. I like them and my nails feel good.
Picture of Gus that Steve texted to me this morning

Enjoying his train table

I came home and soon after, Kristen came over with Grace. She asked if I'd watch Grace while she headed to the hospital to bring Thom home. She headed out around 12:30 and Gus and I had a good time with Grace. 

The two of them played and laughed for a while and then it was time for naps. I put them both in Gus's room... it was kinda funny because for like an hour, they were in there laughing and being silly and NOT napping.
Grace and Gus chatting instead of napping

They finally went to sleep and then took about a two hour nap. While they slept, the shirt that I had a lady in my MOMS Club make was delivered (she brought it over). It's so cute!

Today at 11:11 am I made a wish...
11/11/11 at 11:11 am

After the kids got up they played for a while in Gus's room and the playroom:
Gus showing Grace his tent

Playing with the plastic food

Playing together at the table


Each on their thrones...

I love this picture!

"Gus... sit down!!!" LOL


Gus was reading Pat the Bunny

Then we went down and the kids had a snack. Kristen texted at 6:20 so say they were FINALLY on their way home... what a long day for them waiting for the doctor to come and give Thom the all-clear!!

I took Gus's 18 month pictures while we waited for Kristen to arrive:

Signing "thank you"






Gus and his very best friend Grace





Kristen arrived and took Grace home, and then Steve came home with our dinner (we had wanted to go to Mexican, but since we didn't know what time Grace would be picked up, we opted for Taco Bell- cheaper and faster than Mexican carry-out).

We had dinner and then it was time for bed. I did Gus's 18 month blog (be sure to check it out) and now I'm ready for bed!!

Here are some pictures of Gus from a year ago... he's just the cutest little thing.


Still has his hand in his mouth... those darn teeth!!



Toebe was there to support Gus's attempts to crawl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment