Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 316

November 12th, 2010

November 12th, 2011
Today was a really long day. I'm not sure what time Steve and Gus got up, but I was woken up at 8:00 by Gus at the top of the stairs. He must have decided to come up and see me while he and Steve were downstairs. He's a quick little guy! 

This morning we just hung out in our pjs and watched television. After Gus's morning nap, we headed to Aldi in FV for grocery shopping. I don't "hate" Aldi, but it's not my favorite place to shop.

I guess it comes from having to shop there when I was with my ex. We didn't have money and Aldi was the cheapest place to shop. I should like it, since it's saving money, but I can't really get over my own issues with a bad time in my life and not having any other choice but to shop there. I guess I look at it like, now that I'm not forced to shop there, I won't.

We did get some good deals though, and decided that if the cat litter is any good, we'll be buying it from there for $3.99 for a BIG container, versus the same thing at Wal-Mart for $9.00. We got our veggies and produce from there today and hopefully they'll taste good. We'll see. They don't have a lot of stuff to choose from, so some things we'll need to get elsewhere... but maybe I'll make the weekly trip once we move. I checked and there's one within five miles of the new house.

After Aldi, we headed to Wal-Mart to get other items. We came home and basically just hung out all afternoon. We didn't go anywhere else and didn't do anything else.

Notice his feet dangling??? He's totally balancing himself on this!!

Tomorrow is full of football and cleaning out our closets. We're trying to get rid of some things before we move. 

I can't believe that we've got less than a month here. It's going to fly by. This next week, we've got Little Gym on Tuesday, Steve heads back to Atlanta on Wednesday and returns home Thursday night. Thursday morning, we go for Gus's 18 month appointment. I think we're going to go this next weekend and get Gus's picture taken with Santa at Crabtree.

Then the following week... we have Little Gym on Tuesday, Suzanne comes to clean our house for the last time on Tuesday, I have a nail appointment on Wednesday and Thursday is Thanksgiving.

The next week on the 28th (Monday), Steve heads back to Atlanta for the week. That Tuesday is our last class at The Little Gym and then Steve comes home on Friday, December 2nd.

Then that following Thursday, (December 8) the movers come to pack up the house, and we close on the house. Friday they load their trucks, and Saturday we drive to the house and wait for the movers to arrive. They'll start unloading and should have it all unloaded by Sunday, December 11th. Then I'll start the process of unpacking and getting things settled.

I've got Christmas presents to wrap and send, we've got the tree and decorations to put up, and should be able to have a nice first Christmas in our new house. I just can't believe that it's all coming at us, warp-speed ahead!!! I knew it'd be like this though.

See ya tomorrow.


Post a Comment