Monday, January 16, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #12

A Year of Gratitude #12: Ned Flanders


I'm thankful to have my dog, Ned Flanders Walker in my life. He's been the best dog that a person could ask for, he loves me unconditionally, and is always (and I mean always) right by my side. He's got a sweet personality and is a great friend to the other pets.

Ned came to us via ARRFs (All Rover's Rescued Friends) Animal Rescue in MI. We got him in May of 2005 and he was just over a year old. He had been abused and was afraid of men. When we went to get him, he was cowering under the table at his foster family's house. I sat with him in the back seat and he fell asleep on my lap. We've been connected ever since.

I don't want to think about a day without him in my life. There will never be another Ned... no dog will ever take his place in my heart, and he's one of a kind.

I'm thankful for the days that I've had with him thus far, and thankful for the tomorrows to come.
Me and Ned on the first day in our home

0 comments:

Post a Comment