Monday, January 16, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #13

A Year of Gratitude #13: My in-laws

Steve's dad, Sue Ann, Steve and Gus

I'm thankful that my husband has the wonderful relationship with his dad that he has. He looks up to him and cares so deeply about his well-being. My husband is a kind, gentle, loving father, because of the example set by his own father.

My FIL is named Steve and my MIL is named Sue Ann. I am so happy that they found each other and are as blissfully in love as they are. They love Gus so very much and love to come and visit us so they can get their fill!

I'm thankful to have them in my life and that they have accepted me into their family. I feel lucky to have such an easy relationship with them and it's nice that there's no hostility, hatred, or issues between us. I have friends who HATE their in-laws and it makes things so difficult... I'm very lucky to not have to deal with anything like that. And trust me... it could be a whole different story I'd be writing here.

I'm thankful for Sue Ann. She's an amazing MIL, supports me, calls me out of the blue to say hello, sends pictures of what they're doing, and loves me. I'm so lucky to have her for my mother-in-law. 

Above anything else, I'm so thankful that she is there for my FIL. After Steve's mom passed in 2006, we prayed that his dad would find someone to love him, care about him, and help mend his heart. Sue Ann was exactly what was prayed for and more. She's wonderful and amazing, and they love each other so much.
I'm so very grateful to have them both in my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment