Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 83

 

We had a VERY busy day today!! I planned two playdates and in hind-sight, I probably should have just done the one and done the other one for another day. It was a lot for Gus and he skipped his morning nap... not a good thing.

We headed over to Kristen's house and Laura and Mac came over too. I used to teach with them at OG and Laura was my track mate last year. I love her. She made last year so great, and I love Kristen too. She's such a funny person and always makes me laugh. The last time they were tracked out we got together, so it was nice to see them again this track out too. 






 

Here's what I learned from the playdate this morning. Gus likes to take other children's sippy cups. He took Grace's two weeks ago at her place, and then today, took Ryan's. I think he just wants to chew on it, but it's strange that he loves the sippy that someone else has. 

It was a interesting to try and discipline him when he was poking Mac in the eye... or trying to grab the sippy from Ryan's hands. It's like, I don't want him to be a bully (AT ALL), but strange that I'm at a phase where I have to actually discipline him. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with it, but it's new territory for us.

We left Kristen's around 11:50 and then had to be at Melanie's for a 1:00 playdate. Of course, Gus fell asleep in the car as we drove the 20 minutes from Fuquay... not nearly enough for a nap.

We headed over to Melanie's, and fortunately, she lives like two minutes away. We could have walked to her place... she lives here in the Glen. Kristen was there with Grace when we arrived, and it was our first official playdate for the K15 kids!!

I found out that Gus and Oliver (Melanie's baby) will be in the same school when they grow up. It's nice to know that Gus will have a buddy for school already! Oliver just turned a year on March 11th. He's super cute and very friendly. 
Oliver!




Gus and Melanie


Grace!







 



It was interesting being at Kristen's this morning... Ryan is 17 months and his age difference is noticeable when it comes to playing with Gus. Mac is a month younger and while it's not too bad, there's a bit of a difference. She's not crawling around or walking. Then going to Melanie's, Oliver is walking and talking and is only two months older than Gus... and Grace is four days younger and is just starting to stand unassisted and will be walking here in the near future.

Being around two babies that are so close to his age was neat. They were very interested in what each other had, and did a great job of sharing. Grace and Oliver would be off together and Gus would be off doing his own thing. Then Gus and Oliver would play and Grace was off... and then Gus and Grace would play and Oliver would be off. It was interesting. Even more interesting was to watch them actually touch and play. Gus and Oliver played "footsie" a few different times... it was funny to watch. They weren't kicking or being mean... just using their feet to touch. So fuuny.










Anyway, it was a lot of fun. We got home around 3:30 and Gus crashed. He only napped for an hour though because the stupid UPS man made the dogs bark and they woke him up.

The UPS guy did bring my book that I made of Gus's birth family. I took pictures of it so you could all see what it looks like:















 See you tomorrow...
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment