Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 84



This morning at 3am Gus woke up and was WIDE awake. I think he overheard Kristen tell me about Grace being up early and he got an idea to try it too. Maybe that's what he was talking to her about yesterday. Anyway, he decided to give it a go and didn't go back to sleep until 4:30. He got up around 8:30 and then took a nice hour-long nap this morning. When he got up I decided to head out and do the grocery shopping.
Let me just say that usually when I go grocery shopping, the people I encounter are so kind. There are lots of hellos and smiles and it's a pleasant experience. I usually go Thursday afternoon... but thought today would be just as nice. I was wrong. There were so many nasty, rude people in the store! I had one lady roll her eyes at me when I said excuse me and tried to go around her cart that was in the middle of the aisle. I don't know what it was about today... even the cashier was unfriendly and didn't smile or say anything to me. :(

We returned home and I put the groceries away while Gus played in the living-room. I decided to buy him a handle-free Sippy since that's what he's been stealing at all of our playdates. He loved it!!




He ended up going down for a nap around 3:00 and slept until 6:00! A two-and-a-half hour nap... incredible! I went into the nursery to check on him and he was snoring... so I took a quick video of it. :)

I was downstairs with Steve making dinner when Gus finally woke up, so Steve went up to get him. When he came down, he was so happy to see me and was very snugly with Steve. I swear, when he first wakes up... it's my favorite time with him because he's super cuddly!!

Gus played after dinner and Steve was amazed at what he was doing. He flipped over his dino rider and was examining the wheels and how they worked. I thought nothing of it, since I've seen him do it before, but Steve couldn't believe his eyes. He's a proud papa... and the engineer in him liked what he saw.


While we were getting ready to bring Gus up for bed, he was playing and I took a few more pictures:


We're looking forward to doing NOTHING this weekend. We don't have to go anywhere or see anyone and we're both super excited to lounge and be comfy all weekend together!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment