Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 171



I swear I've been trying to upload pictures from my phone to my computer for about an hour. Not sure what the deal is... anyway, I'm now ready to blog and I've got the pictures that I want/need.  :)

Last night, Gus was up at 12:30 and crying. He was up for about 45 minutes and then went back to sleep and woke up again around 4:00. Fortunately, he soothed himself back to sleep for that one and slept until about 8:30. I was still really tired from being up twice. I'm pretty sure it's teething, but it's becoming a habit that I HATE. I feel torn at times... do we go in and see what's up or do we let him figure it out? If it's teething, there's not much that we can do, besides soothe him with hugs and some love. I feel like it's totally cruel to just let him cry because obviously there's a reason for him crying.  So we end up going in... and each time he wants Steve to hold him (he does NOT want me). So I stay in there and give Steve my support... it'd be pretty awful of me to just leave and go back to bed.

This morning we played downstairs and had breakfast. Then I took some pictures of Gus and I'm so glad I did! I captured some really funny pictures of him!!! He's doing this whole pucker-up for a kiss face (I call it "Baby Fish Mouth")... here are the many pictures of Baby Fish Mouth:








Then I did some in black and white:



Here are some of the others that I took:
Looking at the fan

"Ahhhh.... wait a minute..."


What's going on???



























And some black and white:



Then... I was so excited because I was FINALLY able to get a good picture of Gus's two tiny teeth! He was in the middle of complaining, so he's not smiling, but it's a clear picture of them!!


I put Gus down for a nap, and he slept for almost two hours. Then we headed to Harris Teeter so I could get some odds and ends.

I ended up getting a sub for lunch. Their subs beat Subway hands down-- they're so delicious and made right there in front of you. I got white cheddar on mine and it made the whole thing so yummy! I also found Mello Yello Zero!!
It tastes just like the regular stuff... and they had three 12-packs for $11 so I got three. I also got some taco dip, yellow chips, 3-n-1 Yo Toddler meals (I've only seen them at Meijer in Michigan), and French green beans. I don't like HT because they're more expensive than Wal-Mart, but sometimes they have awesome things that I just can't get at WM.

We came home and had lunch and then Gus played for the rest of the afternoon. We went outside for a little bit, but it was really hot today. Then I made "crack-casserole" for dinner and Steve came home. His last Father's Day gift came, and I was excited to give it to him.
Yes, I bought him this book (as a joke) and it was so funny. He thought it was a riot and laughed. :)

Dinner was delicious and Gus had a lot to eat.




Gus is so funny... he's so very vocal and is chatting, singing, and yelling non-stop, but none of it makes any sense. Although, tonight he did say something that totally sounded like "ball" when Steve asked him to get the ball for Elphie. :)

Hobo got some cat-nip tonight... and went CRAZY!!!

See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment