Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 175



Today was a good day. My mom had her hip-replacement surgery this morning and it went well. I thought about her all day and wished I could have been there for her, but at least my dad was there for her. I talked to him three times today. The first time he sounded really mad... not sure why, but he was really annoyed and didn't seem to want to talk at all. The second time he told me that she was out of surgery, there was minimal bleeding (yay), and it went well. The third time, he called while he was in her room with her and I got to talk to her (very briefly). She didn't sound good... she sounded like she was in a lot of pain, which kills me.

So... we went on tonight and ordered her some flowers that should be there tomorrow for her. I forgot to put in the room number, so I had to call and make sure that they add that info in for me. I hope it doesn't delay her getting them-- she's slated to go home as early as Monday!

This morning, Suzanne came and cleaned and Gus took a morning nap. He only slept for about 45 minutes though. When he got up, we went downstairs and had lunch. He had an apple today and here are some pictures of him enjoying his apple:



We played until Steve got home (around 1:30) and then Steve and I had lunch together. Gus played while we ate... (he already had his lunch earlier).




 After we ate, Steve and Gus had some fun playing in the livingroom. Steve would take the towel and cover his face and then quickly take it off and scare the poop out of Gus! It was actually quite funny... and a teensy bit mean at the same time.







Sorry for the blurriness of the pictures...

I posted a link to our adoption profile on Facebook, and I was amazed at the number of great friends that I have that re-posted the link on their own pages. I had one friend from high school that messaged me and told me that she works with victims of domestic abuse and she already forwarded our profile to an agency that works with these women. She said that there are times when some come in and don't want to parent and they're looking for a family to adopt-- she said it's hard to find families, so the person she was giving our info to would be delighted to have our info. We'll see... you never know where a link could come from!!!

I'm off to bed... I'm getting up with Gus tomorrow and making breakfast so Steve can sleep in.
>^..^<

1 comments:

will + adri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hope your mom is on a speedy road to recovery! My mom underwent knee replacement (though I do not think that is as intense as your mom's surgery) and it was hard to know she had to deal with the pain.

That's a great find with your high school friend! I hope she finds you a match soon!

Post a Comment