Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 172



This morning I went with Wendy to the Triangle Mommies South Wake book club meeting. It was the first one and we decided on a book to focus on for our first read. We picked:
I'm not sure what it's about, but I was told that it's funny, easy to read, and enjoyable. I requested it at the library and hope that it will come soon.

While we had our book club, the kids played. Gus had a great time!




Then we had lunch (at McDonald's) and Gus had three chicken McNuggets, a pack of apple dippers (he ate all but two slices) and a container of milk. He's such a great eater!! After McDonald's, we went to The Dollar Tree and I got a bunch of goodies for the playroom. I got things that I'll use for painting, storing things, and some books on shapes, colors, numbers, and ABCs. :)

Then we came home, I put Gus down for a nap and I looked at IKEA's website for their children's furniture. I found the set that I want to get for Gus (when it's time)-- I'm not going to do the frog bed anymore... this is what I want to get him (all blue):
It has a bed, bookcase, dresser, table, nightstand, and two chairs. It's super cute and will be awesome when it's time (not for a while).

Then Gus got up from his nap (he slept for over two hours) and we went downstairs. Steve got home and brought us a $5 pizza from Pizza Hut that was out of this world delicious! 

At 6:00, Wendy came over and she and I left for the Holly Springs Library's Women's Monthly Book Club meeting. The youngest person (besides us) was around 65... there were about ten others and they were anywhere from 65 to 85 years old. It was interesting to say the VERY least. The book for July is:
I'm not sure if I'll like it or not, but it looks interesting. I went online and read a few reviews and I'm more interested to read it now than I was earlier tonight. It's post-WWII, Hitler is dead, and there are multiple people who escaped Nazi Germany but are now considered illegal immigrants only to be held captive in internment camps. It's the story of four young women and it's based on fact. It should be good.

Okay... I'm going to bed. 
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment