Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 174



What.
A.
Day!

This morning Gus was up at 6:30 and I decided to just give him some time to work it out and see if he'd go back to sleep. It took a while, but he fell back asleep and didn't get up until 8:30!! I'll take all the extra sleep that I can get!!

When he got up we went downstairs for breakfast. I made myself a delicious ham, egg and cheese bagel sandwich and I fed Gus some cheese, yogurt, and a cereal bar. Then we went to the livingroom to play.
Playing with his car


Gus was really tired around 11:00, so we headed upstairs for his morning/afternoon nap. He slept for a little more than an hour and a half. Not great... but I guess it's better than 30 minutes.

After he was up, we went back downstairs and had lunch. I made us hotdogs and then I had veggies and dip, some chips and dip, and some watermelon. Gus had a hotdog, some potato salad, and a ton of watermelon (he LOVES watermelon)!!!


His mouth was STUFFED with watermelon!

After lunch, we played some more in the livingroom.

Reading his ABC book



Being silly with the lid to his snack container!



This afternoon, my lightbox came and I am super excited! I found it on eBay for $20! Brand new ones (like the one at Michael's that I wanted) start around $100. Here's what I got:

Anyway, I plan on using it to play with Gus. I'm going to get some water beads this week when I'm at Wal-Mart and then he can play with them on the lightbox inside a clear plastic container. Check out these posts to see more ideas of what can be done with a lightbox:

So after we played for a while, Steve got home and then took Gus to the barber shop to get his hair cut. We decided to give him a mohawk... we figure, why not? He's little, it's not like it's going to cause him not to get a job, and who doesn't see a little kid with a mohawk and think it's cute? Anyway, I was excited to see how my sweet baby boy would look with one, so that's what we did. Here are pictures of Gus in all his cute-ness!!!




BAD ASS









I did some as black and white:


We had dinner and then Gulbike came over for tutoring. She's so funny. She was asking me about what I thought about her changing her name to something easier for kids to pronounce next year in middle school. Her first name is Hazel but it's pronounced (Huh-Zul not Hazel like the eye-color). She was telling me all about the drama in 5th grade, how mean the teachers are, and how nervous she is to go to middle school. It's times like this that I miss teaching 5th graders. I feel like I did a really good job talking to my students and really preparing them for all the things (social and whatnot) that come in the middle school years.

Anyway... it's time for bed. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!!!
>^..^<

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OMG!!!!!! I love his hair!!!!! So so cute!!! Glad you guys had a great day!!!!!

Love you guys, Wendy

Post a Comment