Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 229

August 17th, 2010

August 17th, 2011

This morning Gus decided that he wanted to be up for the day at 6am. I hoped and prayed that he was just stirring and would go back to sleep, but he didn't. So I went into his room at 6:15 and thought that maybe he needed his diaper changed and was hungry. So I changed him and fed him... and he was WIRED and not ready to sleep AT ALL.

I ended up going through his dresser and closet and I moved out all the clothes that are under 12 months. Some are 12 months and still fit, so they got to stay, but the majority of his clothes were too small. He has clothes coming from eBay this week and next week and should be good to go (as far as clothes) through January/February.

We had breakfast and I watched Teen Mom from last night. Gus was starting to get really sleepy around 10 (which is an hour earlier than his 11:00 nap, but he was up at 6 instead of 7 so it made sense). I put him down for a nap at 10:30 and he slept for two hours!

While he slept, I finally started my Medical Words unit. Oi vey! I started making flash cards (I work better that way) but I'm out... so I'll need to get some tomorrow while I'm grocery shopping. Hopefully Wal-Mart will still have them on sale with the back-to-school stuff.

Gus got up and I made him lunch (chicken, potatoes, apples, some cheese, and some of a plum). He ate REALLY well!! I found the suction cup plate thingies that I bought a long time ago (over a year) and used one for the first time! It was great!!! Gus was able to have the plate in front of him and he loved dipping his chicken and potatoes in some ketchup!! He got it all over himself, but he had fun and that's what counts!!
Carefully dipping his food into the ketchup


Ketchup everywhere!!!

Dipping his cup into the ketchup... at this point he was done with lunch
After lunch we played and listened to music. The song, "Magic" by B.O.B. came on (used to be Gus's all-time favorite song) and it was like I could see it click that he knew it and liked it... he was bobbin' his head and having a great time dancing to it while I sang and clapped my hands. He's so much fun!! I hope all parents have as much fun with their kids as I have with him... and I hope we continue to have fun together!!

He started to get sleepy around 4:00, so we headed back up here and I put him in his crib. He didn't fall asleep until 4:30-4:45... and then I had to get ready for my GNO with Wendy. Steve got home around 5:30 and we had time to chat (briefly) before I had to leave. Steve said Gus got up from his nap at 6:15... so he took another almost two-hour nap!!

GNO was fun... we went to Ruby Tuesday's. Susan was there and so were Wendy's mom and sister Crystal... we laughed a lot and had a good time (as usual). I had a digital coupon that saved me $2 off my meal (not a lot... but hey- $2 is $2!)... I got home just a bit ago and now I'm ready for bed.

Tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping and that's it... Friday we're going to mass and then playing over at Kristen's and then that's it for the weekend... Lily turns two on Saturday. I can't believe she's two already!! That means that a week from Friday we'll be in MI!!! YAY!!! I can't wait to see my parents and family and friends!!!

Here's a few more pictures of wee-man from a year ago:
Just getting into the swing of cloth diapering!!

I absolutely ADORED this monkey onesie...

Here's a video from a year ago:



Post a Comment