Friday, August 19, 2011

Our Trip to MI


A week from today we'll be on our way to MI for a week with my side of our family. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. Going home is unlike anything else... it's everything. It's where I am rooted, and where I feel most comfortable. My hometown is a place that's so familiar to me that I just have to blink and I can picture it all in my head. And it's the place that makes me so sad, because it's so far away.

There's something to be said about going home. My parents are two people that mean more to me than anything. They love me unconditionally, they support me, and they miss me when I'm gone. So when I finally get reunited with them, it's like all is finally right with the world. I don't think Steve fully "gets" it because he's a guy. 

I yearn to be near my parents, and I miss seeing my brothers. While I don't see Dave because he's in AZ, I miss him as much, as I miss Scott. I miss my nieces and nephews. Now that I've got Gus, I miss the lost opportunities for him to be raised knowing his cousins like I was raised. I grew up being as close to my cousins (Jessica, Mary, Brandon, Corey and Derek) as if they were siblings. 

So, I'm very eager to make the 12+ hour drive north and spend a wonderful week with "my peeps." It'll be so nice to just be around them and be in a place that's so familiar and comfortable, and close to all my friends. We've got plans to see some of my Phi Sigma Pi peeps on Saturday, then we'll be celebrating my niece Lily's 2nd birthday! It's the first birthday party that I've ever attended for a niece or nephew and I am super excited!!

On Sunday, we're going to spend the entire day with Gus's birth family and I'm so excited for them to see him!! He's going to have a wonderful time and we'll be taking a ferry over to an island! He'll have a blast with his cousins and spending time with his aunts, uncles, grandparents, and birth parents. I'm excited to take pictures of all of them with him!!

On Monday, we're going to see Aimee and Matt and the kids and have dinner with them. It's been over a year since I saw them, so I can't wait!!! And then on Tuesday, we've got morning plans to see Anne, Ava, and Cole at Jungle Java!!! I'm super excited to see Anne and catch up with her!! I miss her and wish she lived closer... even through the miles, she and I share a brainwave and she's like a soul-mate of sorts.

The rest of the week will be spent playing with Alex, Lily, and Charlie. And Charlie... oh my gosh... I CAN'T WAIT to meet my new niece!!! I've been getting pictures each day from my brother of her, and while the pictures are great INCREDIBLE, I can't wait to hold her in person!!

Anyway, I'm super excited and can't wait to see my parents, brother, sister-in-law, nieces, nephew, and friends!!!



1 comments:

Kate said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOW! Your first two paragraphs are EXACTLY how I feel! I am flying home (alone) in October and I cannot wait. I am starting to tear up just thinking about it. I am so excited! Have a great time in the mitten. Maybe someday we'll get to see each other :)

Post a Comment