Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy (Belated) Birthday Chrisite!!



My twin brother's fiance is Christie and she is one of the greatest people that I know. She honestly is. Not only is she an incredible mother, but she loves my brother for who he is, and has changed his life for the better.

I'm not sure if they'll ever get married. Everyone used to ask all the time, "When's the wedding?" However, my feelings for her will not change because there is or isn't an official ceremony making them husband and wife. I call her my sister-in-law because to me she is. 

Christie was born on September 17th and I meant to write this on Saturday, but lost track of time and then had too much going on with my Pharmacology unit. Now that I've got that out of the way, I wanted to pay tribute to her. :-)

There are many words that I can use to describe Christie, and I can't think of just one that pinpoints who she is. I'll just start listing the words that come to mind when I think of her.

FUNNY
I guess it's not a surprise, considering that she's paired with my twin brother. She "gets" his humor and can go toe-to-toe with him. She laughs a lot and has a great, appreciative laugh that I love. It's VERY rare to see her and not see a smile on her face or be able to make her laugh.

DOWN-TO-EARTH
Yes... it's a phrase and not a word, but go with it. Back in November of 2008, Scott called to see if Steve and I were interested in meeting him in Washington D.C. for some sight-seeing. He was going to be coming with Christie and her son Alex. I was super excited to see Scott, but even more, I was eager to meet his new girlfriend. 

Scott has dated off and on, but never anyone serious and never anyone that he's brought around the family. So when he told me that I'd be meeting her, I knew it was serious and I couldn't wait to meet her and her little boy!

Scott and Alex




They went to Gettysburg first and then drove down to DC to meet us. We had a GREAT trip, and I can remember being so nervous to meet her! We met at the WWII Memorial and she was on the quiet side. I guess I was too and it didn't help that it was FREEZING!! When we had dinner together, I had a better chance to really get to know her.

I instantly liked her. The trip to DC was a special one for many reasons, but among them, the most important one, that's where my niece Lily was conceived. Did I just give out too much info? Sorry. :-)

I started this by saying she's down-to-earth and she is. She likes to sing when we have Wii parties and she's willing to have as much fun as possible. I love that she loves and respects my parents and has always treated them as if they were her own blood. She's just a good-soul.


FRIEND
Christie is someone that I'd want to be friends with even if there was no connection to Scott. What I mean is, I could see myself being friends with her if I had no brothers and just happened to meet her. She's "good people" and brings out the best in everyone. Those who are fortunate enough to know her, consider themselves lucky because she's a remarkable friend. She goes out of her way to help others, and gives to anyone that's in need. 


MOTHERLY
My SIL REALLY loves her kids and REALLY loves being a mom. She has a heart of gold and is inspirational to me. Have you ever met someone and just been like, "WOW... what an awesome person?" Well, that's how I feel about Christie. I just can't say enough nice things about her. 

She has given me a nephew, Alex, who came into our family as a six (about to turn seven) year old. I loved him the minute I met him. He is creative, funny, and such a tremendous big brother.




Then she and Scott had Lily together. This little girl is a spit-fire and reminds me so much of Scott it's not even funny. She looks like Scott, but also just like Christie when she was younger. When Christie gave birth to Lily she said, "It looks like I just gave birth to your mom..." because Lily resembled my mom so much.  :)














And then this past May 13th, she and Scott expanded their family to welcome my niece Charlotte. I call her Charlie.










So, in short I love and adore her. If I were asked to describe the perfect mate for Scott, and all the qualities that I'd want her to have, she'd be identical to Christie. I honestly feel so blessed to have her in my life, and while God didn't give me any sisters, I do have two amazing SILs that I feel are incredible.
Happy (belated) birthday, Christie! I hope you know how special you are and how much I love you!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment