Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 360


December 26th, 2010

December 26th, 2011

This morning came early! Steve's dad and Sue Ann headed out, so Steve woke me up so I could say my goodbyes. Once I was up, I was up.

We had breakfast casserole for breakfast and then we watched some tv for a bit. Gus and I played in the livingroom while Steve took a shower, and then Steve and Gus were in the livingroom for a bit while I went on the computer to research nail salons in the area.

I found one that was close (10 minutes away), and had a five-star review on Yelp. I called to ask for their hours and pricing and the guy said to come on in. We put Gus down for a nap and I was out of here around 11:20 or so.

The place that I went to was called Spa Nails and I was nervous. You never know what you're going to get, and being that I don't know anyone in the area, I wasn't sure of a place to go. I feel like I won the lottery with this place! The guy that I talked to on the phone, was doing someone's nails when I walked in, and when one of the girls asked me what I was looking for, he recognized me from the phone and said he'd take care of me.

His name is Peter and he was super nice. I found it so very easy to talk to him and he has a two-year-old son. He and I compared notes and it was enjoyable conversation. He told me all about places to go in the area, and how to get to Buckhead the back way (which I shared with Steve). To top it all off, he did my nails better than anyone ever before!! They look INCREDIBLE!!! He is like an artist when he does nails... he takes his time and really concentrates on what he's doing. It was quite enjoyable. They do waxing and massages too, so next time I go, I'm getting my eyebrow waxed.

I stopped at Publix (it's right next to the nail place) and got some stuff for this week with my mom and dad. I wasn't thrilled with Publix... everyone has told me that it's so much better than Kroger, but I didn't think so. It's more expensive, but I think Kroger has a better selection. And as much as I hate Wal-Mart, I prefer Wal-Mart to all of them because it's cheaper.

Anyway, I got home just before Gus woke up. We had lunch and then we went downstairs to watch a couple movies. :-)  It was so GREAT to watch a movie in our theater room!!!

Gus played on his roller coaster and I helped build his train set on the train table. 



After our movies, we came upstairs for dinner-- we had leftovers. Then we took Gus upstairs for his bath and then put him to bed. I'm now exhausted and ready for bed!!



My mom and dad are going to be getting on the road at 2:00am or so and should be here by tomorrow afternoon! I can't wait to see them!!!!

See you tomorrow!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment