Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 135 (Sunday)

We got up yesterday and I made ham and cheese hashbrown casserole for everyone. Steve's dad and Sue Ann came to the house around 10:30-- our plan was to leave around 11 but we didn't actually get on the road until 12.

My dad drove with us (and Gus) and then my mom rode with Steve and Sue Ann. We got to Wrightsville Beach around 2:45 and found a really great parking spot. We've decided that for future trips, it's easiest to park where we parked this time and use the beach entrance right next to the Oceanic.

We had a wonderful time at the beach and it was so nice to have my parents and Steve's parents there together. Gus absolutely loved the ocean and had a great time playing in the water!





















My dad took some great pictures of us as a family:



Then I took some of Gus with each set of grandparents and then we had a guy on the beach take one of all of us:




My favorite from the day is this one of Gus and Steve:

We were all pretty hungry from not having lunch, so we headed over to the Oceanic for dinner on the pier. It was absolutely gorgeous and the perfect ending to a wonderful day!





We stopped at the frozen custard place while my mom and Steve's parents headed home. Gus enjoyed a few bites of my Twix flavored custard (SOOOOOOO good) and some of my dad's vanilla. We got home and then Gus played in the livingroom for a while with the grandparents before bed. He ended up going to bed after 9:30!!!





Steve's dad and Sue Ann had to leave, so we said our goodbyes to them. It was such a wonderful surprise for Steve to have his dad and Sue Ann come down for Gus's birthday party. We all headed up for bed and we said our goodbyes to my parents too, because they were planning on leaving around 5am and we wouldn't see them.

It was absolutely wonderful to have all of Gus's grandparents here for his very special day. It meant more than I can even express. I had been worried that his first birthday would be uneventful because we live so far away from everyone, but it ended up being a magical weekend that we'll never forget!!

>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment