Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 139


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Jeremiah 29:11

Sometimes it's so hard to "Let go and let God." However, I truly believe that all things happen as they're meant to happen and things will transpire on God's time, not mine.
Pray, hope and don't worry. Anxiety doesn't help at all. Our Merciful Lord will listen to your prayer.--- Saint Padre Pio

So I'm not going to say anything more, but I ask that you keep our family in your prayers and pray that we have patience and that things happen as they're meant to happen and that we stay open to the ways of the Lord.

Today was a good day. We did some grocery shopping and Gus had three duplicate gifts from his birthday, so I was able to return them and get in-store credit. I got him a new Leap Frog car that has an engine and carburetor and makes revving noises.Kristen, Thom and Grace got him a Duplo zoo animals set and I got him the big Duplo Zoo to go with the animals. I also got him some sandals and tank tops and now he's ready for our 90+ degree days that we have coming up.

I am almost finished with his thank you cards... I hope to send them out Saturday.

Here are some pictures from today:
"Getting lost in a book"

Gus loves the photo album that Jen and Matt gave him for his birthday


The Busy Ball Popper



The new car

Steve got home early (I was still grocery shopping) and we had an early dinner- Papa Johns. It was okay... it tasted weird/different and didn't "do it" for me. After dinner we played a little more and then it was bath time for Gus.


Gus went down without a fight (he was tired from only taking one nap today). We just finished watching the results show for American Idol and I'm happy that Lauren is in the finals. I hope she wins. It was neat to see the hometown trip for each of them and I cried while watching all three. Scotty is from Garner, NC and it was neat to see him here at Lake Benson. :) He's also in the finals.

Anyway... we've got nothing planned tomorrow (yay)! Our weekend is also free (hoping that the end of the world isn't Saturday at 6pm as predicted). I don't have anything planned until Monday night when I tutor Gulbike again. :)

I'm tired... going to bed.
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment