Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 140

Well it's Friday... thank goodness!! I was able to get all my thank you cards finished and now I need to address the envelopes, get some stamps, and they'll be in the mail. :)

Gus was up around 7:40 this morning and I totally wanted to keep sleeping. I stayed up so late the last few nights trying to get the website updated. It IS updated now and looks great. I've decided that in order to avoid spending HOURS resizing pictures, I'll do it as I go and save them to a special folder and that way, at the end of the month, I can just open that folder and have them. It should save me a lot of time in the future.

This morning I made us some scrambled eggs for breakfast. We also had toast and little smokeys. and Gus ate ALL of his breakfast! I was surprised! He really likes scrambled eggs and didn't have any sort of reaction to them (I didn't expect him to have one).

After breakfast, we watched Chuggington. I had never seen it, but it was actually really cute. It was all about trains (better than Thomas in my opinion) and Gus was interested (slightly). He didn't really watch it... he listened and occasionally would look up, but he wasn't into it like he is with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We played with his ball popper (which he LOVES) and then he went down the slide a few times and was playing with Elphie. While we were in the livingroom I looked over into the kitchen and saw this:

 Elphie has decided that she'll be the new clean-up crew for the house. I couldn't believe that she jumped into the highchair to eat the crumbs.

Around 11 or so, I brought Gus up for his nap. He slept for almost two hours and then was up and happy. We went back downstairs for lunch and we had leftover pizza from last night. Gus ate everything up and then I decided to give him some fresh strawberries to try. Here's his reaction:





As you can guess, he did not like them at all. I even tried to put them into the strawberry yogurt that I was feeding him and he had the same reaction. I think they were too tart for him. 

Here are some other pictures from lunch:



After lunch we played in the livingroom and I watched some television. Gus was playing with his cars, his books, and his LeapFrog car. He was very quiet and I couldn't see him. Our livingroom is blocked off, so I knew he had to be in there somewhere... here's what I found:
The little turkey boy was hiding under Steve's table!

Gus took his afternoon nap from 4-5 and while he was sleeping Wendy came over. We talked for almost an hour and it was good to catch up with her and hear about things going on in her life. It's been a week since I last saw her!

Around 5ish Gus got up. Steve had just come home, and he went in to get him. Then he brought him into the bedroom and the three of us chilled out on the bed for a little bit while Steve told me about his day. He decided that he wanted Wendy's for dinner and wanted to try the new salad that I had blogged about. :)

After dinner we watched Gray's Anatomy from two weeks ago and tomorrow we're going to watch the one from last night. Steve went to bed early and I'm not too far behind him... I. AM. EXHAUSTED!!!

Gus went to bed at 8:00 and then from 8:00-8:30 he was fussy in his room. I went in and got him and rocked him but he wanted to play. So from 8:30-9:00 we read, played, bothered Steve, and then I put him down. He fussed for a few minutes, but thankfully went right to sleep and has been quiet for about twenty minutes. I'm hoping that he has a solid night's sleep and wakes up around 8:30 tomorrow morning.

>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment