Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 138



Gus slept in this morning until around 8:20 and we had to be at our playdate at 9! I had enough time to get him dressed and the diaper bag packed before we had to leave. I grabbed some applesauce and a cereal bar for him to have for breakfast and then filled his sippy with milk as I headed out the door.

We had a great morning at Kristen's and Gus loved playing with Grace. Here's some pictures from today thanks to my camera phone and Kristen's camera:




























We left Kristen's around 12:30 and the minute Gus was buckled into his car seat, he fell asleep. :) I went to Wendy's for lunch and was surprised to see that they have a new strawberry grilled chicken salad... it was absolutely delicious. I got the 1/2 sized one because I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but it was really good.

I got home and fed Gus some lunch while we listened to some music. He was in a pretty good mood while he had lunch, so I took some pictures.






You may have noticed, Gus likes to put as much food as humanly possibly into his mouth at once. He usually is okay, but occasionally he starts to choke and food comes flying out of his mouth as he coughs and I am pounding on his back. I almost always break the food into little pieces, and I think maybe I should just go with bigger pieces that he can only get one in his mouth. I don't know... I do know that it's becoming more and more frequent though.

After lunch and playing for a bit, I put Gus down for his nap and he slept for a little over an hour. Not quite as long as I would have liked, but it was better than just thirty minutes. While he slept, I worked on updating our website. I need to get it current with pictures and I wanted up update our adoption profile page with recent pictures of our family and Gus.

I tutored Gulbike tonight- we worked on science and she did really well. Her mom watched Gus for me since Steve didn't get home from Indiana until late tonight. Gus has officially reached the point where separation anxiety is serious business. He did great with Gulbike's mom until I went upstairs and then he lost his mind. She did a great job of keeping him busy and thankfully Steve got home and saved the day. :)

I'll be tutoring her every Monday and Wednesday for the next couple of weeks (until EOGs) and then we'll probably go back to just one day a week (but maybe we'll keep doing two). Her mom said something about me continuing as her tutor even into 6th grade... which is nice to know there is some longevity and I'll keep making at least $20 a week extra. I certainly can't/won't complain!

We're not going anywhere tomorrow and it'll be nice to just hang out at home. The weather for this coming week is supposed to be HOT so it'll be fun to take Gus outside and use his water table on the deck. Right now it's been too chilly to use it, but he certainly loves it and when it's nice, he's used it!! Kristen said she wants to get Grace one after seeing pictures of Gus using it. :)

See ya' tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment