Sunday, February 05, 2012

Superbowl Sunday Fun

Gus Getting His Hair Cut

Today was a pretty good day... We got up early with Gus and then by 9:00 I was back in bed. Steve let me sleep as long as I wanted and when I woke, it was noon and Gus was going down for a nap.

I couldn't believe that it was noon... I decided to head to Kroger while Gus was napping-- BAD IDEA. Kroger was a mad-house. Most of what I needed was there, so I was at least happy that when I go to Wal-Mart on Tuesday, I'll just need to get a few things.

When I got back from Kroger, I made some sausage queso dip... it was delicious.
Sausage, Velveeta, RoTel tomatoes

After Gus woke up we played for a bit in the livingroom. I went into the bathroom and he decided to follow me. He's big enough now, that he can stand on his little step stool and can reach the knobs for the water. I can't get over how big he's getting! Becoming so independent... but he still loves to snuggle, give hugs and kisses, and is the most incredible little man.

Big boy turning on the water!

He was so proud of himself!

After a bit we decided to attempt cutting Gus's hair. Steve found the clippers and we headed into the bathroom for the attempt. It went really well. Gus was scared of the clippers for about ten seconds and then he was fine. I kept him occupied and took pictures, while Steve cut his hair. He had a lot of hair that we cut!!
On the sink... getting his hair cut

Just ONE of the many piles of hair

After! Such a big boy!!

I think he definitely looks older with his hair short. He's so adorable. Anyway... he and Steve got in the shower right after the cut and then I took Gus and got him dried and Steve finished his shower in peace.

We went to the livingroom and I put on a new show called Dinosaur Train. Heather and Meg recommended it at the playdate on Thursday. It's a super cute show!! Gus really enjoyed it and I've set it up to record all of the shows on PBS.
Watching Dinosaur Train

I was able to fold laundry while Gus was watching his show. He wanted to snuggle 1/2 way through... so we snuggled and I took a picture of us together.

We had Pizza Hut for dinner since we got a $5 coupon on Four Square for checking in for the Superbowl. :-) We took our pizza downstairs and watched the first half and the halftime show downstairs.
Watching the game with Daddy

Shopping instead of watching the game

We headed up after the halftime show, put Gus to bed and then finished watching the game upstairs. As much as I love socializing with friends, there's nothing better than watching the game in your own house, with no one to entertain. We had so much fun just watching the game and commenting on the LAME commercials. :-)

So that's our day. Tomorrow we're going to a MOMS Club playdate at 10:30 and then Tuesday our cleaners come. On Wednesday, I'm taking Gus with me to a women's Bible study and then Thursday we're driving to SC to see Kristen and Grace. Friday is our only "free" day. On Saturday, Gus has his first birthday party to attend at Gymboree for his new friend named Ryan. It should be fun. Saturday is when Gus turns 21 months too... I can't believe he's almost 21 months... and just around the corner from being two.

Where has the time gone?!?!?!

On a side-note... I was able to find the chocolate cherry Dove chocolates that we had at the ASPCA gala last year. It was around Valentine's Day and I'd hoped I'd find them this year at the store... but I've had ZERO luck. I went on Amazon and found some!!! I paid a lot more than I should have... but I got four bags and I will savor each and every one. I may even share with Steve.  ():-)


Post a Comment