Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #42

A Year of Gratitude #42: New Friends

This morning Gus didn't wake up until after 8:30. It was incredible. I love the little things... and sleeping until after 8am on a Saturday is one of the things I miss most from my pre-Gus days.

So he got up and we spent the morning taking pictures of him for being 21 months today. You can see the pictures that I took on the Walker Family Prattle and on Gus's Blog.

When Gus went down for his nap, Steve headed out for a haircut and some other errands. Gus woke up at 2:30 and we had to leave the house by 3:15 for his very first birthday party.

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was for this birthday party. Not only because it was the first one ever that Gus has attended for a friend... but... the fact that he has friends here!!

I am so thankful to have made some new friends and for Gus to have some new friends as well. Christy invited us to her son Ryan's second birthday party today at Gymboree. It was literally just down the road from us, and we arrived right on time. 

I'm also thankful that Steve came with us. I had asked Christy if it was a mom's only deal or if dad's were invited too and she said for me to bring Steve... mainly so her husband wouldn't be the only guy there. Steve didn't really want to go, but he came and I'm so glad he did. Not just to meet the new friends that I've made, but for him to see Gus interacting with his new friends as well.

The party was a blast. Gus loved playing at Gymboree and the girl that ran the party did a great job. I think the cutest was when the kids all went to the party room and had pizza and cake. To see Gus sitting among twelve other kiddos for a birthday party was so sweet. 

I'm so thankful that we've been welcomed into a group of friends. Christy didn't have to invite us to her son's birthday party. She just met me two/three weeks ago. But the fact that she did, makes me so thankful.

Maybe when Gus turns two (in three months-- CRAZY) we will have a party at a place like Gymboree. It's nice to know that there are friends here in GA that we could invite for Gus's big day. Not that I think about this stuff all the time, BUT... when we moved here, it was one of my fears-- not meeting any friends and having Gus's 2nd birthday and not having any friends (for him) to celebrate with. I'm glad that this isn't going to be the case.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from today:
Going through the tunnel






Gus LOVED this!!


Help from Daddy

He can actually shoot baskets!!



Bubbles!!!


Riggs (yellow), Ryan (birthday boy), Gus, and Logan

Rolling down the mat






Five Little Monkeys

They "fall" off the bed... so cute


Gus and his Daddy

Ryan and Christy
The birthday boy

Gus and Daddy



Helping to put the maracas away

Pizza (and his first ever Capri Sun... which he LOVED)

How cute is this???


Cake!

Gus next to Miss Kimberly and her baby John

We left the party and came home for a bit to relax and then Steve went to Applebee's and got us some dinner. I had the Oriental Grilled Chicken Salad and it was soooooo good!

Anyway- thankful for the new friends in our lives. It's so much better moving somewhere where you can make friends to take away the pain of not being near those you left behind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment