Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #31

A Year of Gratitude #31: Attached Garage

This afternoon, I had to head to Kroger to pick up some last-minute items for dinner and just as I was starting to head down the driveway, it started to sprinkle. By the time I got to Kroger, it was raining.

Gus and I ran inside and it wasn't coming down too hard when we went inside. Well... coming out was an entirely different story. It was raining cats and dogs! As if running from the store to the car wasn't bad enough, I had to load Gus into his car seat, stand in the rain while I buckled him in, and then put the groceries into the car-- and ran the cart to the cart corral.

As I was getting into the car and finally out of the downpour, I sat back and had a moment of thankfulness. I remembered back in the day, when I lived in my first apartment on Timberidge Drive... and I'd have to park and run all the way around to the other side of the building (where I lived) to take things in from my car. It was a pain in the ass. 

When it'd snow... I'd have to trudge through the unshoveled snow to get to my car, and nine times out of ten, my door would be frozen shut (I do NOT miss Michigan winters). I'd have to trudge back to my apartment, get a large cup of hot water, and then trudge back to my car and pour the water on the door with the hopes that it'd unfreeze for me to open.

Worse than snow was the rain like today. So as I was driving home I became thankful that I can just pull into my garage and then just unload my groceries from the garage and not get wet.

It's the small things in life that can make the biggest difference. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment