Thursday, February 02, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #33

A Year of Gratitude #33: A Baby for A Friend

So, I literally just checked a friend's blog and saw a post that brought tears of joy to my eyes! She and her husband have been on a waiting list for adoption for over fifteen months. I can't even begin to think about how agonizing it has been for them. Fifteen months of waiting... not including the years of trying to conceive on their own.

Fifteen months and having to go through fingerprinting twice because they were STILL waiting... and a home study twice because they were STILL waiting. 

They're on their way to PA to meet their brand new baby girl and she didn't give much more info than that. I'm eager to hear more about it, but I am so thankful that their wait is over.

God is so good and knew what He was doing... the wait was long for them, but the wait is over and they're now parents. How amazing is that???

So, I am most grateful and thankful that they're meeting their daughter and their family has been established. Parenthood is a life-altering thing, and something that I am so blessed to be apart of. I know my life changed when Gus entered the world, and hasn't been the same. I'm a better person because of him, and I am so thankful that my friend will be changed for the better as well!! She's now someone's mom... :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment