Saturday, February 04, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #35

A Year of Gratitude #35: Reed Brown Safe and Sound

Reed and Shauna Brown

My very dear friend Shauna has been anxiously awaiting today's arrival for many many months. Today was the day her husband Reed came home from Afghanistan!! He's been deployed since August (and was only home for a short period of time then) and she's been waiting for him to return home.

I'm so thankful that not only did he make it home to her, but his entire company arrived as a complete unit, without any casualties. Her pictures were amazing and I had tears streaming down my face as I looked through them. I'm so glad that he's home and safe.

Gus's birth father's mother L, posted that her nephew was coming home today from Afghanistan... and I just learned that they were in the SAME company!!! What a small world!!! So I'm thankful that Gus's cousin (not sure exactly how it works out) Eddie also made it home safe and sound with Reed!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment