Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron

A Dog's PurposeA Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I have to say that this was probably the best book that I read in 2010. It just moved me so much and I found myself lost in the pages and hated to have to come out.

The book is told from the perspective of a dog and he's trying to find his purpose. The dog starts off as a puppy and then tells about his adventures and journeys. This dog dies, and the way he dies in his first life is shocking and made me sick to my stomach. He is then born again, as a puppy, and is confused about why he's a puppy again and not where he last left off.

He takes the knowledge learned in each life and it comes with him on his journey to discovering his purpose. He's most happy when he becomes the family pet of a boy and is called "Bailey." The majority of the book is from the time that he's Bailey and it's so great. I won't give away anything more, but I will say that there are a lot of ups and downs for the dog as he stays focused on his quest to fulfilling his purpose.

I cried and cried at the end and held my dog Ned a little closer as I read this book. If you love animals, and especially dogs, you must read this book. Your life will change and the way you look at dogs will chage as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment