Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Photo Challenge: "Bust A Gut!"


When I saw the theme for this week I just knew which picture I wanted to use. This is my son Gus's very best friend, Grace. She is just four days younger than him, and they do weekly playdates.

Last week, Grace's mama invited us over to come and play in their HUGE leaf pile in their yard. Since we don't have a leaf pile, I jumped at the chance to get pictures of the kiddos in the leaves. 

It was an unseasonably warm, November day. I couldn't believe how perfect the weather was-- t-shirt and shorts weather. As soon as we put Gus and Grace into the leaves, they began screeching with joy and laughing. I captured Grace in a fit of joy and laugh every time I see this picture of her. I know it may look like she was upset, but trust me, that's complete joy on her face!

So few things bring pleasure like a pile of leaves bring an 18-month-old. It was a reminder to take each day as it comes, and to fully enjoy all that I experience daily.

0 comments:

Post a Comment