Friday, December 02, 2011

Day 336


December 2nd, 2010

December 2nd, 2011

WHAT
A
LONG
DAY

Thankfully, Steve came home tonight. I don't think I could have done another day of just me and Gus. Days like today make it all feel like work and it's exhausting. I was counting down to tub time all day long, simply because I knew if I could get the his bath time, he'd be going to bed immediately after.

Gus didn't get up in the middle of the night, but he was up by 7:15 this morning. We headed downstairs and had breakfast and then he watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I read email and checked Facebook.


 At 9:00 we headed out for our morning playdate. We had a good time this morning, but my goodness was Gus in a mood. He and Grace were both bitchy and fighting with each other. They were feeding off each other's negative energy. Grace went into timeout twice... he was miserable and wanted everything that she had, and she wanted everything that he had. Kristen and I just shook our heads and were perplexed about what to do with them.

At 11:45 it was time to head home- he was done and she was done and I was done. I stopped at Wendy's for lunch on the way home- I didn't feel like dealing with lunch today. I didn't do the kids' meal... I just got Gus some nuggets and me a crispy chicken sandwich ($0.99) and used one of my free Frosty coupons from Halloween. We got home, and Gus ate all five nuggets. I was shocked. He usually eats two, maybe three, but he ate all five.

He was super tired and immediately went down for his nap after lunch. He napped for about two hours today.

When he got up, we went down and I watched tv while he played. It was pretty uneventful. Then we watched the Mickey Mouse Christmas Carol... such a great one-- Gus loved it. I couldn't believe that it was only 30 minutes-- for some reason I had it in my head that it was longer!!

Because of the teething... I gave Gus a freeze pop to enjoy and boy did he ever enjoy it!! 

We also watched part of Elf and then I started dinner. We had salsbury steak, mashed potatoes, and corn. It was yummy and Gus ate a lot of his dinner tonight! Prior to dinner, he decided to have another tantrum...
He ripped up a magazine out of frustration... 

Zombie Gus was back for dinner

I took a picture of him while he was having a fit and I added a mustache to it...
I took a picture of my dinner to send to Steve and make him jealous ;-)

Gus was in the tub for about thirty minutes and then it was time for bed. Steve just got home not too long ago and I'm done for the night. See you tomorrow!!!



Playing peek-a-boo with the shower curtain

0 comments:

Post a Comment