Friday, December 02, 2011

5QF: December 2nd, 2011

 

From the Friday 5 Website: Winter must be preparing to pounce upon us in the northern hemisphere, because it was a brisk-but-manageable 68 (F) yesterday morning here in Honolulu. Before we know it, overnight temperatures will dip into the high fifties and we’ll all be bundled up in jackets and long pants!
 
(1) What’s your favorite thing about cold weather?

NOTHING!! I HATE when it's cold!! I keep moving further and further south because I hate the cold so much! When I was a teacher, I loved the idea of possible snow days... then I moved to NC and taught at a year-round school and DREADED snow days because we had to make them up on a SATURDAY!!! Is there anything worse than school on a Saturday??? Yes my friends, multiple Saturdays to make up for multiple snow days!!
 
(2) Soups and hot beverages seem to be everyone’s favorite cold-weather culinary combatant, but what’s another food that seems to take the bite out of the cold?

In my opinion, NOTHING takes the bite out of cold! Maybe something from the crock-pot would work... I make a mean beef stew!
 
(3) When the weather is just starting to turn cold but is not yet in full frigidity, what do you add to your bed until it’s time to break out the heavy artillery? (I said what, not whom!)

Hmmm... We (thankfully) live in a mild climate, so our winter doesn't get SUPER cold... but it does get chilly. We have five cats and two dogs that we can add to our bed to generate some warmth (lol), but usually it's just adding the down comforter and putting the heating pad on the bed that make us extra toasty at night!
 
(4) What household chore seems especially unkind in these colder months?

Maybe taking out the garbage and recycling bins and bringing them back in... but Steve does that, so I can't complain. I do hate going grocery shopping in the cold months... having to load and unload the card with groceries and then go from a warm house to a cold car to get the items... I hate it.
 
(5) Among people you know, who seems most oblivious to cold weather?

My husband. He's ALWAYS in shorts, a t-shirt and sandals without socks. He's always hot and dresses like it's summer year-round. I'm always FREEZING (even in the summer) so the winter is especially rough on me. I just snuggle next to him to stay warm!!
Now I'm cold!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment