Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 346


December 12th, 2010
December 12th, 2011

I'm finally blogging from my computer!! Our AT&T guy came today to get us set up with U-Verse and then the DirecTV guy came and hooked up our dish. We're back on track!

Today I was able to get more of our bedroom done... not completely finished though. I had about 10% motivation all day and I'm just tired. I worked on our closet and master bathroom and then our bedroom and more of the kitchen. We're still missing our pans and some things from the pantry... I'm still looking for the box with Gus's night-light and lamp shade, though we did find the box with the rest of his clothes. We also found the box with the rest of his bathroom stuff, but then I realized that the previous owners took the damn shower rods! So random.

Tomorrow Steve goes back to work and has his first "real" day. He's got a day full of meeting and trainings and it's not scheduled to end until 6:00! That means he won't be home until 6:30-7:00... I think we're moving Gus's bedtime back a bit. Not only will it give Steve more time with him at night, but I should get to sleep until 7:45, which would be great. He's been going down at 8:15 these last few days (not on purpose) and sleeping until after 8.

We have a lady coming tomorrow to look at the house to give me a quote for how much it'd be for her to clean the house for us. I think I'm just looking for someone to vacuum, dust, and clean the bathrooms and kitchen. I don't need windows, floor-boards, waxing... so we'll what she says. She's coming at noon.

We'll probably head out to do some grocery shopping in the morning, come home and have lunch and then I'll put him down for his nap before our lady comes. Hopefully he'll sleep for a while and I can get more unpacking done. I plan on doing a lot in the basement this week, and have the entire house unpacked by the end of this weekend.

We got the tree up and I started decorating but my feet hurt too much to continue. I'll finish tomorrow.

We went out for Mexican tonight (no groceries for dinner yet). The place is literally around the corner and wasn't awful. I HATE their salsa, but I had one of the best tacos that I've ever had in my life. So we'll see. :)

I did meet our neighbor today. Her name is Patty and she was letting her dog out while I was out with Ned and Elphie. I didn't see her, but she and I chatted over the fence (lol). She was friendly and said she wanted to welcome us to the neighborhood. :-)  I would have forgotten her name (I'm terrible with names) but when I told Steve that I talked to her (I had just come inside and her name was fresh on my mind), he said, "Patty melt is our neighbor." It stuck.

Here are some pictures from today:
This morning at breakfast 
(Gus refused to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner today- he had some food but nothing substantial. I'm not sure what the deal is... some days he eats like he's starving and others, he doesn't want to eat at all!)

Playing with my camera app


Santa Gus is here!

At dinner... he chewed on the straw all night instead of eating


Here are some pictures from a year ago:

Ned looks like a GIANT!!





See you tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment