Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 351


December 17th, 2010

December 17th, 2011

What a busy day!!

Steve got up with Gus this morning and let me sleep... it was INCREDIBLE. I'm coming down with a cold, so I was out cold and didn't hear anything. Apparently Gus had a fit, the washer was making a terrible racket, and I slept through all of it.

I needed to mail gifts to my cousin and Gus's birth parents, so we headed to the Alpharetta post office (Johns Creek doesn't have one). When I walked in and saw the line I couldn't believe my eyes. I waited in line for about ten minutes (without it moving) before I decided to do the self-check out. I had been watching it and checking it out for the duration of waiting in line. I'm glad I tried it... it took less than five minutes and was super easy. When I finished and walked to the door, the line still had not moved (there were only two people working).

We came back home and put Gus down for a nap. After his nap, we headed out to do some shopping. We had intended on going to get my parent's their gift, but it was going to be a forty minute drive, so instead I ordered it online (from the car). I love my iPhone!

I wanted to see about getting a local number, so we found an AT&T store and headed inside. They told me that it'd be $18 to change the number and if I changed mine, Steve would have to change his as well. Since he has no intentions on changing his number (it's the best number ever), I'm keeping my 919.


Gus had a great time playing with the display phones

After AT&T we headed to the closest Wal-Mart (it's not very close at all) and did some shopping. It was a busy store and bigger than any WM I've ever been inside. It even had a sewing/fabric department! We got almost all that we needed and then headed to the pharmacy for some Sudafed. The line was super long, so Gus and I waited for Steve... he helped himself to some crackers.



We took our stuff home and changed Gus, and then headed out for dinner. I saw a place on Yelp and Four Square called Kosmo Gastro Pub. It's just around the corner from us and I wasn't sure what a Gastro Pub was. Here's what the web said it is: "A GastroPub is what the British call a pub that serves 'Gourmet' type food instead of the standard pub fare." 

Hmmmm.... we were definitely interested and hoped that they'd be kid-friendly. All the Yelp reviews were great and several mentioned the mac-n-cheese being awesome. Steve was excited.

Let me say that had I not been looking on Yelp for this place, I would never have found it. It's like a hidden gem... tucked away where you'd never suspect it, and next to a tattoo parlor (an upscale one, but a tattoo parlor none the less).

We walked in and still weren't too sure if it was kid-friendly. We were pleased to see a kid's section on the menu and ordered Gus the mac-n-cheese. Steve and I both had the "best burger in Atlanta" cheeseburgers. Mine was incredible. 




After really enjoying our dinner, we headed home. I mentioned to Steve that the other day when I was looking for our community pool and playground, I stumbled onto a street where all the houses had these arches (for Christmas lights). He said that his co-worker lives close to us and told him to check out the holiday lights in her neighborhood (it's connected to ours). So we did and my goodness... what a sight!! My iPhone pics don't them justice...















We got home and watched the Simpson's Christmas special and then we watched The Wizard of Oz.



It was time for bed...


Since we didn't unpack anything today, tomorrow we are going to finish our bedroom and master bath. I might even try to do the library tomorrow too (we'll see). After that, we'll be totally unpacked. Not too bad!!

See you tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment