Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 348


December 14th, 2010

December 14th, 2011

I took a day off from packing. IT WAS GREAT!!! I will get back into the grind tomorrow, but I really enjoyed my day today! 

Gus woke up a wee bit too early for my taste. I didn't get to bed until late last night, and 6:45 came much too early. I'm planning on going to bed after I publish this post. :-)



We had breakfast, watched some television and then listened to music for the remainder of the day. I was able to see Survivor from last week and then I was able to get our DVR set up to record our shows (when we moved and had a new dish added to the house, all the previous local channels (Raleigh) were programmed but not the Atlanta ones. As I was focused on that, I heard Elphie in the distance barking. My brain didn't work correctly right away and it took several seconds before I realized that Elphie was outside (she should have been inside) and that that back door (to the deck) was open. Gus managed to get it open and let himself, the dogs, and Hobo outside!!

Note to self... keep the doors deadbolted!!

Gus and I managed to get outside and enjoy our fenced in backyard!! It was a BEAUTIFUL 72 degree day and sunny!! We played outside for about an hour. Gus had a great time on the swing and then he played on the slide and then had fun on the trampoline. We don't have the fencing around the perimeter of the trampoline (safety netting) so I was quite nervous with him on it-- we need to get the netting soon.













He was fascinated by the rocks in the yard



We had a good lunch and then played downstairs for a bit. I had a bit of motivation to clean down there, but the tv wouldn't come on, and I need something to occupy Gus while I work. I took it as a sign that I was meant to relax all day.  :-)


I talked to Kristen today and it was great to hear how she's doing. She had a playdate at Marcy's (the mean mom)... she said it went well. I don't know when Gus and I will have a playdate here... hopefully soon after New Year's we'll establish some friendships! Right now, everyone's crazy busy with the holidays.

Tonight I talked to my mom and my niece Lily (she's two). It was so cute... she kept telling me that I lived too far away. :-)  I'm so excited for my mom and dad to come down and see the house!! Thirteen days and I see them!! 

Here are some pictures from a year ago:



See you tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment