Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 349


December 15th, 2010

December 15th, 2011

Well, I'm officially tired. I didn't find any motivation for unpacking today, but I did finish decorating the house for Christmas (that's something right?).

Gus was in a mood today... he got up in a bad mood and it just stayed with him all day. I hate when he has bad days, it makes it all the more difficult for me.

Steve got to stay home this morning for a bit (the World 50 Christmas party was last night so they gave everyone extra time to come in this morning) and it was nice. After he left for work, Gus and I worked on decorating the tree and we listened to Christmas music. :-)
Gus had his breakfast and then a snack and played with his toys while I decorated.
 I put him down for a nap at 11:30 and he slept until 1:00. He woke up in (what I thought was) an okay mood. We had lunch and he seriously had a HUGE tantrum at the table.

Eating his chicken and oranges...

Within seconds... over wanting one of my chocolate covered Ritz crackers

I decided to head to Target (it's three and a half miles away-- which I LOVE!!!) and when I got there, the parking spot wasn't anywhere near a cart. Usually I put Gus in the cart outside and wheel him in, but since there wasn't a cart, he walked in with me and when I got a cart and tried to put him into it, he FLIPPED OUT. A sweet old lady came over (she was in a motorized scooter actually, so she rolled over) and was trying to help, but it just freaked him out more. 

I was a bit embarrassed, but I was able to eventually get him into the cart. Once he was in and strapped down, he was fine. We trekked all over the store and finally got all that we needed and checked out. We got home and I talked to my mom for a bit on the phone.

This morning, I got a FB message from Emily (Scott's best friend) saying that she wanted us to know that she'd be honored to be a surrogate for us. I was overwhelmed with joy-- how absolutely wonderful!!

So then, this morning while Gus was napping, I got another FB message from one of my sorority sisters and she wanted me to know that she's currently a surrogate for a friend and if I had any questions to let her know. So I asked some basic ones and what she responded has made me decide that surrogacy isn't something I'm interested in pursuing anymore.

She said that both women would have to go through extensive rounds of shots to get hormone levels right... and medication would have to be taken to "sync our cycles" and then it'd be IVF (not covered by our insurance) which is anywhere from $15-$30k and then if that takes we'd have to pay medical expenses and get an attorney and bla bla bla... and at the end of it all, it'd be anywhere from $40,000-$80,000. I couldn't believe it... it's so expensive and then I had a moment of clairity... I'm totally okay with adopting another child. I don't have to have a child of my own DNA. I think God knew I'd be open to adopting a child and that's why I'm not able to produce one of my own... if I could, I wouldn't be opening my heart to a baby that needs a loving family.

Last night, Steve was looking at the paper and in the "County by County" section, there's listings of things happening in each county. He noticed that in our county, there was an information meeting for Beacon House Adoption Agency coming up in January. I decided to check them out today, and was pleased with what I found. I requested an information packet from them, found another site and requested information and then requested info from Bethany as well. A&W just adopted through Bethany and they have nothing but great things to say about them... I figured it can't hurt to get information.

We can't look into adoption until we have the house in NC sold and some money saved. I think the plan is to get info now, sit on it for a bit and decide which agency is the right one for us, and then March/April/May start the process. I'd like there to be at least two years between Gus and a sibling, and since adoption is so unknown, it could be anywhere from three months to two years before we would get a baby!

Anyway... Steve got home and we made dinner. Gus was interested in helping me go through another box...



Hmmm... what's this for?

I don't remember what sparked the comment, but at one point tonight, I said something to Steve and his reply was along the lines of, "Let me stand on the counter so you can kiss my ass..." I said something back about him not getting on the counter and he decided to prove me wrong. :-)  I swear I love him so much- he seriously makes me laugh!!!
Climbing onto the counter

Yes, he pulled his pants down and mooned me (and I did take pictures) but I won't post them... 

After the mooning. I love Gus just sitting in his chair in the background (LOL)

Refusing to eat dinner AGAIN but loving his milk!

Fun in the tub

Tomorrow is Friday. I can't believe we've been in this house for a week as tomorrow late late late. We haven't done too poorly with being here a week... this weekend I hope to get everything unpacked. We're going to do the bedroom together and tomorrow Gus and I are going to tackle the basement. It shouldn't be too bad... it's all toys.

See you tomorrow!


Gus and Purry Como

0 comments:

Post a Comment