Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 347


December 13th, 2010

December 13th, 2011

I finally had a chance to take Gus's 19 month pictures!! I figure two days isn't too bad and at least I got them taken close to his actual month marker. 

This morning Steve got to experience his first taste of Atlanta traffic. He left for work at 6:45 and it took him an hour (oi vey!). Needless to say, he wasn't happy about the commute time. People in the office told him that there were two accidents this morning and it's usually not that bad. He'll try again tomorrow and hope that it's better.

Gus and I got up and had breakfast, and while he ate I decided to clean up the living room. It wasn't too long and I decided to take a break and head to Kroger to do our weekly shopping. Considering that all our frozen stuff was given away (we couldn't bring it with us), I didn't do too badly today. I miss Wal-Mart's prices though. Kroger wasn't awful and I do like that it's less than a 1/2 mile from our house and there was NO line to wait in. :-)

Looks much better!

Purry and Elphie sleeping on the couch together :-)

RUGHT RO RAGGY!!!



We got our grocery shopping done and then I decided to treat us to Burger King for our once a week fast-food. I had just enough time to get us back home, unpack the car, put away the groceries and eat, before Graciela arrived. Who on Earth is Graciela you ask? She's a cleaning lady that someone on Atlanta Area Mommies recommended. 

She toured the house and then when she was done, she gave me some quotes for once a week, every two weeks, and every three weeks for cleaning. She comes with three other people, they bring all the supplies and can get all three levels of the house clean in less than two hours! I thanked her for coming over and then texted Steve her info. We agreed that the price was fair and I set up our schedule with her! She'll be starting on Tuesday, January 10th and will come every other Tuesday at 8:30. It's great!

After she left, I took Gus upstairs for his nap. He slept from 12:30-4:30 today!!! I couldn't believe that he slept for four hours! While he napped, I worked on the kitchen. I got it done!!

Gus woke up and he came downstairs and watched Mickey. I put his 19 month picky sticky on him and took some pictures:
My snowman

Clapping for Mickey









Steve texted me two pictures of the traffic that he was sitting in:

It took him an hour to get home. He was exhausted when he walked in the door, but amazed at how AWESOME the kitchen looked. :-)   

I made dinner for the first time in our kitchen! I made Hobo Packets and some Pasta-Roni. Dinner was delicious and Steve loaded the dishwasher while I cleaned off the table.


Tonight was bath night, so we headed up and put Gus in the tub. He loved it (as usual) and then we read a story and put him to bed!

In his Santa diaper

Daddy reading while Gus was trying to put his pj pants on


So today is the one year anniversary of the first time that Gus and Grace played together. I had been pretty sad today with Steve going back to work, being here with Gus and no friends to see, and feeling extremely overwhelmed with the amount of unpacking before me. I feel like I'm doing it all myself and it's stressing me out. I just want it all done but it's taking forever and a day to accomplish.

Anyway, so I had been really sad and then in the mail came an orange Shutterfly package. I wasn't expecting anything and I seriously thought and thought about what I could have ordered that I forgot about. When I opened the package, I burst into tears. 

Kristen made a book of pictures of Gus and Grace. It says G2 on the cover and it's absolutely incredible. I opened it and couldn't stop crying. I was honestly overwhelmed and sad and happy at the same time. I feel so blessed to have met her and Grace, and we got to be such great friends through our playdates. Gus loves Grace and she really was his first best friend. 

It was so very thoughtful and really meant a lot to me that she took the time to create such a great gift for us. I showed it to Steve and he agreed that it's so very wonderful. So to honor this first anniversary of them meeting, here are pictures from that first playdate where G2 came to be:








Now I'm sad again just looking at these pictures. I do know that I'll see them again, Kristen's parents are only two hours from here... so when she travels to see them, we're going to meet up. :-)

See ya tomorrow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment