Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Nerves!

So Michelle goes to the hospital tomorrow at 6pm to start her induction... she said her doctor told her to plan on a Friday baby. She's supposed to have her mom or husband call me sometime on Friday to let me know it's time to head to the hospital.

I am so nervous about this!! It's like the nerves you get on Christmas Eve... I feel like I have NO IDEA what to expect since I've NEVER been in a delivery room!! I've never seen a baby born and I hope I don't get too focused on that and not focus on the job at hand.

I pray that I take amazing pictures that she treasures and that I do a good job for them. They're not having anyone else in the room with them, so it's an honor to be there. 

I'm going to remain professional and be there to be silent and just take as many incredible pictures as I can... but I'm still really nervous about it!! I've got my battery on the charger, and a back-up memory card just in case. 

I'm just really torn on which lens to use. My 50mm is so great and takes amazing portrait-type pictures, but I can't zoom with it. I love how it focuses on a central object and everything else is somewhat blurry... it's awesome.

But then my 58mm is good and lets me zoom in a bit to make sure I'm capturing an entire picture. So I don't know... I'm not going to have a lot of time to switch out my lens and I don't want to miss anything!! I guess I'll play it by ear and see what happens.

I do know that for the pictures of when Josh tells everyone what they had (they're going to be surprised), I am going to use my 58mm lens because it'll let me get him and the fam in the same shot (the 50mm is more up close).

Wish me luck!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment