Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #45

A Year of Gratitude #45: Open Communication

I'm thankful that when I'm feeling frustrated, angry, sad, or upset, I can always talk to Steve about my feelings. He usually is compassionate, understanding, and caring, and ALWAYS wants to help solve the problem.

When we first started dating, we both openly said that we don't feel that fighting is worth the effort. We had both been through hell with our divorces, and both valued the small things. We mutually decided that we would always be open and honest with each other, and having open communication is what leads to successful relationships (of any kind).

I'm so thankful to have a partner who listens to me, hears me out, doesn't judge me, and is always willing to work on whatever we both need to work on. He's open to anything, and as long as we stay true to each other, nothing is impossible.

Having been with someone (a few someones actually) in the past who didn't communicate... I feel so fortunate. Steve and I don't fight. We have disagreements, discussions, and misunderstandings, but we don't fight. We always make sure to share what's bothering us, and area always willing to talk it out.

I'm very lucky to have someone in my life like Steve. Not just as a husband, but as a friend as well. He's my very best friend, and I love him more than anything in this world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment